Chest x-ray in normal pregnancy
Chest pain. 39/40 pregnant.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Prominence to the vascular markings. Normal cardiomediastinal contour. Lungs and pleural spaces are clear.
There are minimal changes to the chest x-ray in a normal pregnancy. Some normal findings in late pregnancy include:
- prominence of the pulmonary vasculature and/or flattened left heart border (due to increased blood volume and cardiac output)
- elevation of the diaphragm
- the cardiac silhouette may appear more "horizontal"
- Adamson D, Dhanjal M, Nelson-Piercy C. Heart Disease in Pregnancy. Oxford University Press. ISBN:0199574308. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- Alpert JS, Ewy GA. Manual of cardiovascular diagnosis and therapy. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN:0781728037. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon