Tubulolobular carcinoma of the breast
Citation, DOI and article data
A tubulolobular carcinoma (TLC) of the breast is considered a subtype of breast cancer that features of both invasive lobular carcinoma and tubular carcinoma of the breast. It therefore exhibits features of both ductal and lobular differentiation. Multifocality, muticentricity and percentage of positive axillary lymph nodes may be more frequent in TLC than with a pure tubular carcinoma of the breast 2.
- 1. Wheeler DT, Tai LH, Bratthauer GL et-al. Tubulolobular carcinoma of the breast: an analysis of 27 cases of a tumor with a hybrid morphology and immunoprofile. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2004;28 (12): 1587-93. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. (link) - Pubmed citation
- 2. Green I, Mccormick B, Cranor M et-al. A comparative study of pure tubular and tubulolobular carcinoma of the breast. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 1997;21 (6): 653-7. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. (link) - Pubmed citation
- 3. Boppana S, Erroll M, Reiches E et-al. Cytologic characteristics of tubulolobular carcinoma of the breast. Acta Cytol. 40 (3): 465-71. - Pubmed citation
- 4. Fisher ER, Gregorio RM, Redmond C et-al. Tubulolobular invasive breast cancer: a variant of lobular invasive cancer. Hum. Pathol. 1977;8 (6): 679-83. - Pubmed citation
- 5. Cyrlak D, Carpenter PM, Rawal NB. Breast imaging case of the day. Tubular carcinoma and fibroadenoma. Radiographics. 19 (3): 813-6. Radiographics (full text) - Pubmed citation