Citation, DOI and article data
The tube is rotated 90 degrees and the lateral aspect of the chest wall is along the bucky edge. The height is at the level of the axilla.The arm of the side being examined is lifted and supported on top of the bucky. The breast is lifted upwards and onwards and compression applied so the nipple is in profile.
Criteria for assessing medio lateral view
- 1. Williams EK, Wagner J. Procedures and documentation for mammography and quality management. McGraw-Hill Medical. (2000) ISBN:0071353984. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Paredes ES. Atlas of mammography. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. (2007) ISBN:0781764335. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 3. Peart O. Mammography and breast imaging, just the facts. McGraw-Hill Medical. (2005) ISBN:0071431209. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 4. Andolina VF, Lillé SL. Mammographic Imaging, A Practical Guide. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. (2010) ISBN:1605470317. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 5. Peart O. Mammography Examination. McGraw-Hill Medical. ISBN:0071548351. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon