Bladder cancer is a broad term used to describe all types of cancers affecting the urinary bladder.
- transitional cell carcinoma (urinary bladder): most common primary neoplasm of the bladder
- squamous cell carcinoma (urinary bladder): accounts for around 3-8 of all bladder cancers
- adenocarcinoma (urinary bladder): accounts for around 1% of all bladder cancers
- small cell carcinoma (urinary bladder): extremely rare
The Vesical Imaging-Reporting and Data System (VI-RADS) scoring system was created in 2018 to standardize imaging and reporting of bladder cancer staging with multiparametric MRI 1.
- 1. Huanjun Wang, Cheng Luo, Fan Zhang, Jian Guan, Shurong Li, Haohua Yao, Junxing Chen, Junhang Luo, Lingwu Chen, Yan Guo. Multiparametric MRI for Bladder Cancer: Validation of VI-RADS for the Detection of Detrusor Muscle Invasion. (2019) Radiology. 291 (3): 668-674. doi:10.1148/radiol.2019182506 - Pubmed
- 2. Sadhna Verma, Arumugam Rajesh, Srinivasa R. Prasad, Krishnanath Gaitonde, Chandana G. Lall, Vladimir Mouraviev, Gunjan Aeron, Robert B. Bracken, Kumaresan Sandrasegaran. Urinary Bladder Cancer: Role of MR Imaging. (2012) RadioGraphics. 32 (2): 371-87. doi:10.1148/rg.322115125 - Pubmed